View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rem mag View Post
I would not throw out the K&H Mg Clucker as it can be a very good call once the short reed concept is mastered. Most of the short reed calls today have K&H clucker guts or modified versions of them. Look at the guts in any short reed and learn how to tune your call. Sorry to say, most of today's goose calls are a Mag Clucker done up in a specil package.re-inventing the wheel and some savvy marketing has made some call makers in the industry wealthy, but the modern short reeds have 'cleaned up' the gut system to the point where they now sound like a million bucks, and the sounds guys produce today...........wow!

It was recommended that Bad Grammar be purchased and I would second that. Also very important, with your old flute, the words to-it or similar were the words of choice to make the call honk. It is very important to make the reed 'pop' in a short reed. Once the basic concept is mastered, then learn to honk. Then you learn to cluck , then moan and cry, then double cluck. These are all the sounds you need to kill geese in the field. Good luck.
I tried the K&H last evening again. After watching the youtube video from gunsonline, I thought maybe I need to blow a lot harder to get the sound to break and I managed to get it to work. But, it is a lot harder to blow than the Buck Gardner. I found some instruction on shaving reeds on a previous posting which I will attempt this weekend on the K&H. It will do for a back-up, if I can get ease of use from it.
The Bad Grammar is ordered!