View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 AM

WT buck at 135 yards
Quartering hard towards me. Entered at the point of the shoulder and exited just before the rear quarter only hitting one lung. There was absolutely nothing left of that lung however. Went thru close to 3 feet of deer. The deer ran hard up a very steep hill and jumped a fence at the top of it. He piled up after about 60 or 70 total yards.
7mm-08 120 grain TSX at 2900 fps

WT buck at 95 yards.
Broadside shot that passed thru the lungs and smashed the top half of the heart to bits. Deer ran drunkenly for about 15 yards
7mm-08 120 grain TSX at 2900 fps. My dad for some reason left his gun in the case, in the back seat, while travelling between the pieces of land we have permission to hunt on so he used mine.

Large mulie doe at 225 yards
Slightly quartering away. The bullet entered about 5 inches back of the near leg and smashed the shoulder on the offside before exiting. Lungs were jellied. Stumbled 25 yards after doing a hard faceplant.
243 Win 85 grain TSX at 3300 fps

No bullets were recoverd again this year as usual. I don't seem to get lucky enough to find them. I have only ever had 1 TSX bullet that didn't exit and the fella that did the butchering for us lost it before I could get it back.

All deer had great blood trails that any rookie could follow.