View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
So Walleye and Pike are netted [but not as many as we would think], and when the Fish Cops are watching, its strict. Hmmmm. Your post does not inspire much confidence. Sounds to me like the commercial fishermen get to keep Walleye and undersized pike, when we anglers can't. BOOOO!
Simply put, yes the commercial anglers do keep walleye and pike, regardless of size when they catch them. It is considered an incidental catch.The nets they use are very well designed and they get far more whites then anything else. I know fishermen at Slave, and in reality they would rather not catch the eye's and pike. Sooooooo go ahead and get mad but it is not going to change anything. Did not sign the petition as I believe the commercial fishing industry in Alberta is better and closer managed them most industries........like say the oil industry maybe??