View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 PM

These are some of the most absolutely ridiculous arguments for including crossbows in archery season I have seen well since the last crossbow thread.

Lets first start with 209x50's equal opportunity for all argument.

If you truly want equal opportunity why cant we all hunt year round with any weapon? That is true equal opportunity. So that is not an option obviously so lets go with crossbows in archery season. I don't agree with this. This is completely unfair I don't want to put the effort in to learn how to use a crossbow let alone a vertical bow so I want, no I demand that firearms be included in the archery season. Fair is fair and I don't think my lack of physical ability or desire to learn something new should hold me back. Come on this is the 2000's give me everything I want without having to work for it.

The next ridiculous argument is

My poor 12 year old cant draw back a 40 pound bow this is so unfair. You know what my 12 year old son can't skate and can't shoot a puck without falling down but I still want him to be on the elite hockey team. Why should he not be. Fair is fair. Lets not teach our kids to strive to do something that isn't in their comfort zone. We will just change the rules to suit everyone.

What has this world come to.

Now if you want to discuss this based on facts like Ishootabambi I respect that. I still disagree with him but at least he has a legitimate argument.