View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
lol, will do, if you see a rhino being towed around you'll know its me....two things would be more important to me on this hunt than filling my own tag...

1. to watch someone else fill their tag and help get it out if i can(ie; rhino)
2. loan someone the new slugger on-site and hopefully there is a place i can watch the action from...and then maybe help get them out
3rd option to join someone and fill my tag as second fiddle or some shizzo

i know some might be protectionist of spots and for good reason, i have more places to hunt than i can hunt, you'd never see me back at another guys spot unless it was with that other guy!

so good luck guys, lets see what we can do to help thin the herd!

in case anyone curious and not seen this, here is the thread of my latest toy, the new savage 220f 20 gauge slugger, i got it zerod at 140 yrds on sunday laying in snow at -15 with gloves on, its first group on paper ever was 3 1/2" at 140 yrds with the barnes .50 cal tipped expander from Federal...pictures on second page of sundays impromtu range work at 140 yrds, you'd hold dead on to approx. 165 yrds and at 200 still on fur

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=75440
What is muzzle velocity? I saw a lot off shooting out of those slug guns and zero hits yesterday. I don't know if I would shoot anywhere near 200 yards with one of those with out major practice. Also you will have to hunt real smart as the elk see any movement or hear anything they are gone. I would recommend your centerfire as you will have to probably make a 3000 yard min shot. Or just bring an indian. Lol