View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
This is not what is being questioned.

I would like to see a hunter allowed to be accompanied by his dog while hunting in the same manner that a non-hunter is able to have their dog with them.

As it is right now, I think it is legal in AB to hunt with dog if you were pursuing cougar (which obviously some one changed in the regs unless they don't consider them "big game") so it is possibly not as "tough" a process as we are making it out to be.

I would think that you could have your dog with you if you had a moose/sheep/deer tags in your pocket.....as long as you had a cougar tag in there as well.

tm
That would be a loop hole if the seasons overlapped but there are not many WMU's that are late season and even fewer that are cougar managment WMU's that have a late deer elk or moose season.

I have my Brit in the truck along with my shotgun lots of times in November if the dogs out then I'm Bird hunting and I have nothing like a slug on me or in my vehicle that could cause reason to doubt I was birding at the time.

I am 100% behind Pack dogs for Big Game hunting no leash but a Pack and means of control ie: E collar would make sense to me.