View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Goldscud - test netting flaws. 20 some years and 3 test nettings. Same places, same time of year. Fish move. Populations have ups and downs due to environmental impacts, floods, drought, fires, logging, hydro use. The space between nettings, same place, same time of year allow flaws in the data. If the data showed a yearly test, in different seasons, and told of local environmental changes, I would agree with that data. Have you ever seen the work and money other provinces put into testing a lake or river? You would see the flaws in this data also As it stands, i cannot accept it.

I agree with the bait ban and bull closure. It did well. It made the lakes what they are today, quality for young and old. Cant get better than that. Why change it?

Fishpro - the bows are already spawning. Like the walleyes, they found a niche. Theres no turning back the walleye tide. My views see the rainbows there only getting a bigger population, just like the walleyes. Its already started.

Sun - The bows are spawning now. They found thier niche. I guess it isnt too cold for them and there is suitable habitat. Funny how nature works.

We can debate this all we want. But why isnt anyone petitioning for more money? Wanna see a sign up sheet fill up fast?

I dont agree with more regs anywhere. No matter what the situation. The more we encourage to make new regs, the less money we see come back to fishing.

If you fold to the Gov buy changing regs to fit existing budgets, make free changes and not ask for more money, it will create a trend where there will be NO money going to our fisheries. Much like what is happening now.

I agree we should lobby for more money and make our tax dollars work for us. It is the only thing that will make this all better.

Enhance the fishing everywhere and care for every waterbody and we wont have to worry about quality lakes regs, they will all be quality and more places of quality to spread out the pressure.

Change the regs to suit the 250-300 people who voted yes for these changes, well, thats absurd. It will hurt more than the waters you are trying to protect.

I am still against this proposal.

STEELHEAD