View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Please provide the link that shows specifically that spending $10,000 on stocking generates $100,000 in revenue. I would love to read it. Now the question is...are people spending the dollars to just find fish? Is that economic spin off limited until the fish run out and can we extend the benefits through a prolonged harvest. Will benefits increased if people can catch bigger fish here than driving to Kootenay Lake? You are not hearing this. I am hearing you but I am looking big picture...you are looking small picture.

More conjecture over kids catching fish and wanting to catch and kill any fish regardless of size. Then I postulate...those kids will be amazed by the bigger fish or tons more smaller fish and learn conservation in the process. Catching a keeper will feed the family. Catching small easy to catch fish is still available at Elbow Lake which has easy access. The whole family can take 5 brookies home each...and bonus...they CAN USE BAIT THERE. If you are fixed so tightly to an image of a kid being disappoint about catching 30 cutties and not being able to kill one...you are lost. If killing one is so critical...again...what is the big deal about going to Elbow Lake for instance? Looking to the future...harvestable fish will be available... Currently regulations means any trout less than 12 inches...can't be kept. I have not heard any complaints about not killing an 8 inch trout.

I have also stated there is lots of other activities...and fishing is just one usage.

I agree...let's toss the whole garbage idea is the waste can. It is an irrelevant issue.
You still don't get it. If YOU don't have the facts then YOUR proposal is doomed before it even begins. I shouldn't need to look for any facts. They should all be listed on this thread so I can decide whether or not I support your proposal. If you go into a meeting to present your proposal I hope that you have your act together because if you go into it with the same idea that the party should do your research for you............

Great idea about teaching the kids about conservation BTW. Yup, keep only the spawning sized fish and throw all of the smaller eating sized ones back. No wonder some kids have no idea about anything!

You can't see the big picture if you have tunnel vision. The big picture includes the social, economic and environmental impact of such a study. The small picture is "This proposal will allow the fish to grow bigger." I'm not sure if you can grasp that or not?