Thread: Top end Scopes
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 AM

I picked Swarovski because of the ballistic turret. I like the idea of being able to actually zero my rifle for a specific yardage, rather than a generic setting based on a ballistic program.
Just a personal thing. I can change loads and re-zero the scope. Change rifles and re-zero the scope.
I have a custom Leupold turret on my 22-250 and love it, but that's it. It will be a bother to change loads, etc.

Other than that, I'd go with Leupold. Yes a Swarovski is nicer than a VX-3, but it costs more, and is a better scope. I find all the optics clarity, light gathering, and everything else on that line of thinking comparable when comparing a VX-7 to a Swarovski. I mean really guys, lets compare apples to apples. We all have our tastes but bad mouthing a $700 scope because it can't compare to a $1700 scope is a little bit in poor taste.

While that comparison hasn't really happened in this thread, I do see it a lot. And yes, I realize I'm using $700 vs $1700 as generic prices. I'm doing that to make a point. I realize you can buy either scope for more and less depending on the bells & whistles.