View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

Default Sundance. Do you ever read the stuff you post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
"If your want anyone to take anything that you write seriously then provide supporting information to back it up. Just because you say something is a fact doesn't make it so...
'... Although I admire and respect your determination in lobbying for this proposal, without studying the social, economic and environmental impacts of it first, how can anyone support it? Has anyone even contacted SRD to determine what the impact would be of having more larger fish in the lakes? Or, why the current regulation is in place to allow people to catch "eater" sized fish? How would this newly proposed regulation effect tourism and the local economy? There is a ton of more information that you need in order to be taken seriously. I'm sorry, but IMHO right now it just sounds like a few good 'ol boys got together on a Friday night over a few wobbly pops and came up with a plan to help them catch bigger fish."

Mr Sundance Lake resident:
Out of a network of some 20,000 participants in this forum, and you've managed to include them all by posting in the General Discussion section, you have only stirred the imagination in 50 or so. Added to that is the other 60ish members (perhaps a few from another fishing forum you recently joined for this express reason) who participated in this poll. You have browbeaten everyone who has presented a better argument than you and your adopted cause, a proposal by some long gone poster; a cause that you hadn't thought of until these two guys fired your emotions. Previous to this you had perch on the brain and salmon from the north coast in your heart.
You have accused members of being anarchists, or bitter, or not worthy to debate with. Your condescending remarks have driven some of these people to frenzy, and caused others to vow their undying love.
I'm betting that ROTFLMOA is an acronym for a slur or other offensive remark.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
You provoked your neighbor into doing a reprehensible deed, then you thought you could weasle out of it with your "2 names" post. jeeez
From your first word on the subject, before even you had given it much thought, you had people who had given it no thought at all signing a petition that in fact, (don't YOU just love that word?) should not have been started until it had been well and truly discussed by the stakeholders.
You got your 277 signatures, if they can be called that, so give it a rest. Because I have noticed that I am somewhat of a threadkiller, I'm hoping that my mojo will work on this topic. And good riddance. We're flogging a dead horse, in my opinion.
Sorry to derail your thread, HunterDave. It is you that I admire and respect for your tenacity with this guy, not him. Your words, and those of several others, including steelhead, definitely convinced a lot of people to avoid this whole nasty business.
Kevin: if you didn't like the elastic band remark, try this one.
"Put an egg in your shoe and beat it!"