View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
That is why I try to throw as light as possible. Make the minnow look alot more natural. I don't use stingers at all and still seem to get the fish. Like mentioned before, if they are biting lite then you have to be quick on the ball and feed them some slack line until you know they have eaten the bait.

Me and Braun were out at PCR the other night and they kept short biting us so I started feeding them line and shortly after that we started landing fish.

Braun thought for sure we would have some dead fish due to inhaling the hooks deep but every fish we brought up had it right in the end of the snout.

I usually go to a glow jig in either white, orange, chartruese, or pink. I used my fish tank in the dark to see what they would look like under water in the dark with the smaller sizes on. They have a suttle red glow to the eyes of my favorite jig and when burried into the mouth of the minnow it just seems to have a bit of glow that I think helps to spark the attention of the walleyes.

Nate
in my experience when big eyes under ice are tentative they rarely will run with a bait....they nibble and spit...no matter how carefull you are in drag resistant game.
a stinger makes it a quick strike rig.
smaller male walleyes are in flocks similar to poop hawks......we all know what a seagull does.