View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Ya I always get a good chuckle out of people that fish close to me because they think I know the hot spots or something. Every lake here in Alberta is new to me, as I just moved here from Manitoba about a year ago, most lakes I got to I'm fishing for the first time.

Although a couple of years back I was ice fishing the Red river near Lockport Manitoba with my dad. Anyone from Manitoba understands the fishing pressure that river gets in the winter(easily 300 or more shacks/groups of people fishing every weekend, very easy to find hundreds of open holes on the ice). anyway my dad and I were jigging for sauger near the bridge with quite a bit of success, next thing you know a older European dude that could hardly speak any english, came up to the hole my father was actively fishing in, and dropped his line in. The guy said he was poor and fishing for food, I was watching the whole thing take place,I trying no to **** my pants from lauphing to hard. My old man calmly reeled up and moved to one of the other 100 open holes near by, dropped his jig down, pulled up a sauger, and put it right back down the hole to release it. The look on the european dudes face was priceless.