View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
Do they have biologists or are some of these resolutions made over beer and wings?
Some good stuff there, but some strange stuff too. Hard for me to buy a membership when I see some of this stuff.
That's the exact reason why you should become a AFGA member. The AFGA is Alberta's biggest voice for hunters and fishermen. If you don't think something is up to snuff, then at least your voice can be heard. I disagree on a few of these resolutions, therefore I will be voting against them next week.

Also remember that the AFGA does more for hunters and anglers than any other organization in this province. They help in securing habitat for future years, help in population restocking, provides camps for kids, and even a few for the ladies, provides educational scholarships, runs the wildlife trust fund, assists SRD with many projects, and makes our voice heard to the government.

Some of the great AFGA projects I can think of this past year include, construction of new boat launches, pheasant habitat construction, pheasant release programs, antelope fencing in southern Alberta, building nesting sites for song birds, geese, ducks, owls, etc, predator control programs, trail and bridge construction, and youth camps.

I know that it is because of the AFGA that several recent issues with the government have been stopped. ie: Sale of public lands, game farms and canned hunts, the stop of many restrictions on our wildland parks.

I know one thing we are still working on is the reintroduction of a Alberta grizzly hunt. The AFGA is one of the major players in this issue.

In my opinion if you are a Alberta Outdoorsmen there is no reason why you shouldn't be a AFGA member. Even if you aren't an active member you will be informed of the ongoing issues outdoorsmen face.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner