View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equanuck View Post
You have archery hunters that cut shooting lanes and mark out the ranges for the multiple posts on their sites so they don't have to guess.

Long range hunting is regular hunting with 3 times the attention to details. I would say SHAME on anyone who has hunted the same property for more than 2 seasons and not know relative distances to obvious objects. I have the ability to sit down and look out over 3 quarters of land, so why not take advantage and practice.

I also know that for "quick short shots", fences are 1/2 mile apart, range roads are every 2 miles and for truck hunting: it's 35 miles to the RCMP & F&W office!
LOL!
I have decided that no matter what we say, there are those that will maintain because of some weird detail, that us long range hunters are taking iffy shots no matter how a person looks at it, so i won't be replying to this thread anymore.
Frankly I'm a bit tired of having to explain myself to people becasue what they think is wrong is not always the case to others, especially when many of those detractors oif long range hunting think nothing of taking shots that may be beyond their capabilites at coyotes, crows, gophers , etc because they consider them varints and somehow different than deer or moose.
Cat