View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Default On Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post
What is your comment about uneducated supposed to mean?
There seems to be some belief that if one becomes "educated", acceptance soon follows. I believe that among the "educated" that some voted no and some voted yes lol. There is no tipping-point whereby after being educated, that resistance becomes futile. I own a crossbow, I would be one of the "educated"................However, I do not believe that xbows should be included in the archery season or meet the definition of archery equipment. There is uneducated and then there is ignorant. I believe that hunters who hunt with a bow, yet have never used a crossbow, are somewhat educated..........because they understand the concept of archery. Then there is the crowd who have never hunted with any type of bow. I believe that most of the votes in favor of including crossbows in the archery season.....come from this crowd. What level of education are we talking here? No, I do not have data to back that up....it just smells right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
^^^^ lol. ya know dave, i would like to see a thread about this where only those with some experience hunting with a crossbow are allowed to chime in. the discussion would be much different without the fearmongers.
No it wouldn't.....and words like uneducated, elitist, fearmonger, selfish, greedy.....are almost always exclusively used by those in denial.

Last edited by CNP; 02-26-2011 at 07:34 PM.