View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Wow! It is amazing to see your posts. Why can't you get off the "easy" train that you yourself started?

Manitoba is fast becoming a mecca for "quality" trout fisheries in one area of the province. They do have a ton of put and take as well. Just goes to show what variety in management can do:

http://www.flippr.ca/

Thinking of making the trip to Manitoba's Parkland one day. Looks to be worth it to me. Take a look through "Open the site" and read what they are doing. If you cannot see any advantage to having this kind of variety in fisheries then I'm afraid that you will never get it. Hopefully things can change for the better here through others.

When you look at something that they have done there is the other benefits of increased tourism and profile that most do not think about. Do you think that people are going to travel from all over to sample Alberta's 5 pygmy trout limit? Why do you think the Bow is so popular around the world? Is it because small fish are in abundance? Pull your head our of your you know what...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's the one that I heard about. Not only is this a "quality" fishery but I believe that is also a "Private" fishery where you have to pay to fish. I'm pretty sure about it but not 100%.

You already have somewhere to go to like that in Alberta. I can't remember the name of it but it's a lake in the Rockies and I think that it starts with an "M".