View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's the one that I heard about. Not only is this a "quality" fishery but I believe that is also a "Private" fishery where you have to pay to fish. I'm pretty sure about it but not 100%.

You already have somewhere to go to like that in Alberta. I can't remember the name of it but it's a lake in the Rockies and I think that it starts with an "M".
Let me clarify there are over 20 lakes within an hour of Roblin (Parkland), Manitoba. I fished 10 of them last summer/fall, each which was aerated. I caught Rainbow, Brown, and Tiger trout to 31" (78.74 cm). The fish are there in both numbers and size. There is a lot of pressure on certain lakes that still produce the quality fish. They have 2 lakes right in the town of Roblin(East and West Goose), that see anglers every day and continue to produce large fish. Why? The residents know that by maintaining the fishery the anglers will bring their cash. Any one of of our Potholes could produce the same fishery as the waters are very similar. None of these lakes were private. The only thing I saw was a drop box at one location to collect for the operation of an aerator, which was optional.

They even allow for some harvest. Everyone wins, what is the trouble with understanding their success??????????

The only private water in the Alberta rockies is Chief Hector Pond.

Road hunting is not hunting.

Last edited by DuckBrat; 02-27-2011 at 08:02 PM.