View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
You're probably right but:
1. I'm hoping that there will be more people that vote because generally, the larger the sample, the more accurate/valid the data. I'm not sure what I'll do with that data or how skewed it is being on an outdoor forum but it might be interesting to pass along to SRD or a regional biologist, just so that they are aware. More votes would help but I agree, I don't the % is going to change much.

2. I am also hoping that we are getting close to the end of anyone having anything left to say; including name calling, and perhaps there are a few folks that haven't been heard to give a few constructive things to say from different sides of the spectrum? I think I'm pretty much done any ranting and raving I have left and will probably sit most of the last bit out in respect to others who haven't shared.

If we continue as we have, with only a few sharing and going in circles, then yes, I'll ask to close the poll. Thanks for your input.

Cheers.
Bigtoad, I'm not slamming you with the following comments about your poll however......you can create any poll that you want in order to achieve the results that you desire. Whether consciously or not, that is what happened with your poll IMO. The choices that were presented, other than for the C&R anglers that have no interest in eating fish, created a skewed poll. No big surprise there.

If you worded the poll differently or offered different options you would have came up with different results. For example, instead of saying "a good chance of catching 12"" you had said "with an average size of 12" with a chance of catching 16"" the poll would have been had different results. There are allot of different combinations that could have been used that would change the results of the poll everytime. Do you know what I'm saying?

Like I said, this is not a slam against you, your poll maybe , but not you personally. I knew just from reading the poll options what your position was and the results that you wanted to achieve. If a good ol' boy like me can see it, I'm pretty sure that the talking heads at SRD will as well. I'm just sayin'.......