View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
I noticed this too, it's called a push-poll, politicians use this polling method often to always get the answer they want,,, faux-democracy.
I wasn't trying to sway the poll (too much) when I came up with the questions. There were 5 different options as I saw them; I guess I could have done a "1 any size" but thought 1 over and 1 under would still give a good choice. As for the size of fish, I put down what I thought was reasonable for an accessible stocked trout lake. I know of a one that has a 5 fish limit and produce fish over 20" but it's relatively isolated. I know many more where the average is 12".

However, you can tweek the average size of the fish for each question and debate what is a more reasonable average size (or leave it out altogether) but it's 75% vs. 25% for quality vs. quantity, as I see it. It's not even close. C&R alone is 40% of the vote and a limit of 5 is 6%.

I don't see any skewing there boys. I see you coming up with excuses and giving the line of, "90% of statistics are inaccurate," to try and skew what you really wish it would be. "Well, this is NOT what the average fishermen in Alberta wants," or "Oh, the questions are misleading," or whatever. Stop complaining and coming up with excuses. It's obvious what the average fishermen wants that is on this poll. I'll let those numbers continue to speak for themselves. Go skew yourself (Oh man, I just could NOT resist that!)

Cheers.