View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
X2.

I am NOT F&W. I am NOT everyone. You give me WAY more credit than I was expecting and I am blushing...cause all I am saying is we have to think about ways to better the fisheries in Alberta. I DON'T have a list of places to change. I DON'T have an agenda. I just want F&W to look at the data...look at the 300 lakes and tell US if there are places where changes can be made to give us OPTIONS on what size of fish are available taking into account distance to major Population centers. I know the edmonton guy says trout fishing life is peachy...others in Edmonton say fishing is poor with the excpetion of some water with delayed harvest regs. While not perfect...it has improved and can continue to be improved.

Down in Calgary...lets list a few local put and take lakes with reasonable driving time less than 2 hours...

Allen Bill Pond
McLean Pond
Upper Champion
Lower Champion
Emerson Pond
Chain Lakes
Strathmore Children's Pond
Airdrie Pond
Dewitt's Pond
Crossfield Trout Pond
Clark's Reservoir
Midway Reservoir
Dickson Trout Pond
Winchell Lake
Sibbald Lake
Sibbald Meadows Pond
Mount Lorette Ponds
Kananaskis Village Ponds
Phylis Lake
Stuble Lake
Mitchell Lake
Alford Lake
Fiesta Lake
Beaver Lake
Yellowhead Lake
Birch Lake
Ironside Pond
Rocky Children's Pond
Twin Lakes
Rat Lake
Elk Creek Pond
Peppers Lake
Grotto Mountain Pond
Stenton Lake
Upper Kan
Lower Kan
Burns Lake
Talus Lake
Granum Pond
Keenex Coulee Reservoir
Mcvinnie Reservoir
Nicolas Sheran
Riverstone Pond
Enchant Pond
Bow City East Pond
Brook Aquaduct Pond
Blood Indian Creek Reservoir
Helmer Reservoir
Michichi Reservoir
Anderson Dam
Severen Creek Reservoir
Midway Reservoir
Braconnier Reservoir
Fyten Reservoir
Bennett Pond
Kraft Pond
Hillers Reservoir
Cipperleys Reservoir
Hugh Bower Pond
etc. I am missing a bunch.

Tosh...not trying to be redundant...but along the lines of your question I believe other asked previously which I thought my opinions were obvious...let's say F&W identified 1 or 2 or 3 lakes out of 5, in an area or 3, 4 or 6 lakes out of 10 or 15 stocked lakes in an area and wanted to change the regs from a mix of 1 over 20 and 3 under 16 and 1 under 16 and alter the stocking rates to increase the overall average size of fish that are caught from 9-12 inches to 16 - 20 inches. Still leaving other lakes in the area for people that want five 9-12 inchers to take home.

Is this a bad thing? Would you endorse this generally and why? Would you disagree and why specifically?

Thanks

Sun
well sun this little plan is starting to look better with even a little bit of facts but what are you taking away from others? now some guy enjoying lake x cant, so he goes to lake y, then the people at lake y are mad because pressure went up on lake y by 30 percent. do you think this is fair? people already complain they dont have enough fish and this will make the problem worse. why not like dave said from the beggining re claim old lakes? it would take nothing from anybody and you would have everything to gain. so to ask if i would support this plan? i would still need specific facts. what resources you take away from the public in my opinion should be very, very small.