View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM

Default Found it!

I've finally found the results for the online poll that SRD created back in 2008. Click here http://www.srd.alberta.ca/ManagingPr...t/Default.aspx and then scroll down to October 2008 and Quality Stocked Fishery Survey results.

HunterDave et al, you can say that my questions on this poll are leading and that this is not a fair representation of what "real" Alberta anglers want (which I disagree with) but now here is another piece of evidence that more quality fisheries are wanted in the province.

What evidence have you shown me for what Albertan's want in a fishery; anecdotal dribble about you and your buddies who love the mediocre fishery we have. That's it. No other proof.

Have a look at the results. There were a few surprises in there for me as well (like many people wanted ice fishing still allowed at quality fisheries) but for the most part, the results coincide very closely to the discussion we have been having here. The summary of additional comments on the back page is also very interesting.

Discuss...

Cheers.