Old 03-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default nastyboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Chubb .. i am into Catch and Release...
and no i don,t Dig Gold
i am Freedom 55
You wish! While I hardly hold a copyright, I know you ain't him.

While I'm at it, and I digress, I suggested some time ago that this would happen when a 'zoologist/biologist/mostly-a-paper-shuffler' joined the fray, enticing others to trot out their bona fides. Like anybody cares.

I do, however, retract my apology for bringing anyone into it. That was my mistake, this bears little relationship to the Kananaskis discussion. Someone was bound to show up and display his knowlege like the tailfeathers of a game bird and get into the name calling hair/pulling game. A bunch of someones, as it turns out. Not to mention the use of these clever little yellow icons that allow posters to imply nasty things without actually saying something that would get him censured, had someone trolled around and found something objectionable to report.

The real Freedom55 left the province and now fishes in the great wilderness north of Saskatoon. I am having no trouble enjoying the fishing and exploring. Like I posted elsewhere, plenty of room for everybody. But I also like the eastern slopes and grew up fishing all the streams and lakes from the Sheep to Waterton to the Crowsnest and will be pleased to continue.

As I mention on this forum a year ago in a discussion about tackle and fish television, big business "has turned us into a bunch of glory-seeking trophy hunters" and this thread may be indicative of that theory. Of course their underlying reasoning is not that there are no quality (big) fish; rather, it is anglers who do not have the right tackle to attract them, so get out and spend.

Who to believe? You fellas or Mr. Rapala? The one thing that I took away from this lonnggg thread is: Some of you will not be invited to come aboard. Like Mr. Hoey, who also knows a lot, you talk too much.

Freedom55 (loud and proud)