Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwood 456 View Post
I fished this hard to access lake in Southwestern BC for largemouth bass. This one was one of my more memorable experiences.

First of all there were no motors allowed so my fishing partner and I had to paddle out quite aways in a 12 by 3.5ft aluminum to get to the fish as most of the lake was only 4ft deep and really weedy. Sure enough we hit this 12ft deep pit with large weed clumps. My fishing partner dances his spinner bait in front of on of the weed clumps and sure enough, I see this large 5lb bass shoot out of the weeds and slam my fishing partner's spinnerbait. Boy that fish was sure pulling the 14lb test off of his reel. Sure enough, I cast out and hook a 6lber on a black salted rubber grub and propeller jighead. Throughout that day, my fishing partner and I couldn't keep the bass of our hooks. It was just phenominal that pratically every cast yielded a 3+lber.

One thing that I will also remeber mabye not so much in the same way is the pesky bugs eating us alive!

Even when I bass fished in Manitoba my fishing partner caught a 5lb smallmouth, and that thing put up quite the tug of war for it's size.

IMO bass fight much harder pound for pound than walleye; hence why I think they're much funner to catch, than walleye of the same weight.

This is a pic of the few we decided to keep.
Attachment 34233
That is a nice black face you pulled him out of some heavy cover.
Did you eat them? I could never seem to get a taste for them some people love them. Nice catch