View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
You are not entirely correct... sorry. Spring is what we call the Chinook species. King is what the Americans call them. A Tyee is 30 lbs+. A Smiley is 20 lbs but less than 30 lbs. We have rainbows, gerrard rainbows (which are land locked steelhead), kokanee (which are land locked sockeye salmon), dolly varden and bull trout in our lakes in BC. They are all different species. Dollies and Bull trout are often confused by inexperienced anglers but there are pictures in the regs that clearly define them and they look entirely different. I caught a 7 lb Dolly and a 7 lb Rainbow last week within 15 minutes and they were twins in body and head shape but the spots and colouring are entirely different. Trust me, I have caught thousands of fresh water and salt water fish in BC but I happen to live in Calgary for the most part.
I was Born in Ocean Falls BC.. but hey Chinook aka below is a common name not only American.. but no need to argue .. on the Dolly/Bull Trout if you can tell by looking hhmmm.. also for your knowledge and other's i have a AGFA record book and it gives a discription of each Game Fish(aka etc) .. Btw I have held both IGFA and NFWFHF World Records in Fresh water fishing .. but use the book as a resource when answering question.. David