View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

Alright, Good stuff all 'round with a bit'o'chaff mixed in.

So, where were we? Ah yes, I love fishing.

So I headed out to PCR this morning for the sunrise (5:38am). I had a good idea of what to expect, and that turned out well. ~50 pickerel in a couple hours. I didn't measure any but would estimate they were all in the 1.5-2.0lb class. The ****ers looked delicious, but they all went back. In between entertaining myself with the pickerel, I was tossing out a very large yellow 5oDiamonds without success and was pumping a little cleo across the bottom to the same effect. Didn't see a pike or a burbot, but I never left the dock.

What a great rec fishery. I can't wait to take the wife and a few fair-weather outdoors friends here. Anyone actually see a big pike come out of here or are they just sightings still?

I also had a set-line with a smelt out deep hoping for a burb I could feed the lady for brekfast but no luck (or engineered success either).

Note: I had 2 rods, only 1 of which was in use at a time. That means when I had a smelt set, I was standing around watching the ducks.

Anyone got a canoe they want to get rid of?

Also, if anyone is in Calgary and is thinking about dropping a tinney somewhere (Glenmore Reservoir) and wants company or some gas money shoot me a PM.

Anyways, looks like you have a great community here, and an awesome knowledge base.

Thanks for the welcome!