View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
I think those red markings might be a skin infection. Seemed the fish were extra slimy too, and that mucus is probably their skin reacting to the infection.

Make sure to wash your hands haha!

*edit* sterilize your net / de-hooking equipment as well. best stop the spread of that stuff.
Those red marks are more than likely stress related. I have seen them on pike from Ontario to Alberta and they are definitely not disease. When you see red fins and splotches on the belly of a pike after a battle with them it too is from acids in their bodies from over exertion just like a human's skin colour changing from extended physical exertion. You needn't worry about bleaching your gear because of the pike. I'd be more concerned with the "film" you get on everything from the NSR in downtown Edmonton. You guy's haven't lived until you lip a smallmouth bass from a creek running through a major dairy cattle farming valley and the fish smells of cow ****!!

And Timid your Mom's a good sport to go sit in a canoe and fish with you and be in a great mood laughing and having fun. You're making memories either of you won't ever forget!! I'm happy for you both!!

Last edited by The Spank; 08-23-2017 at 03:15 PM.