View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyardhunter3006 View Post
Lyman lures on downriggers take lake trout. Any colour really seems to work well.favourite lure to use on the Shuswap. Another good choice is a 4" apex behind the agitator flasher or a coyote spoon.for lakers stick to 70-100+feet for the lures depending on where their marking. If that doesn't work try putting the lure 10 ft above the markings. I switch up the lure or depth every 20 mins if I am marking a lot of fish. Lyman's also take nice rainbows. Coyote spoons in blue Chrome, party girl, blue holographic. Rainbow and nickel/ orange stripe crocs do good at 20-60 ft deep.apexs are good in the cop car, watermelon, blue/Chrome, pink/prl Orange ect.In the summer time I like to use flashers quite a bit of the time during the summer because the fish are in a wide range of depths. Lure that's been on fire lately is the the pink Chrome coyote behind the pink holographic flasher at 60'. Caught an 8lb and a 5lb rainbow. last night on that set up. I have had the best luck lately dropping my lures down to 60' and 90' for rainbows. Deeper for lakers. If you don't have riggers use slip weights. Have a great trip guys and have fun. That lake is awesome to fish.
Thanks for the tips.