View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
Fish there last weekend had 20 fish 10/walleye / 10 pike from 6am-9am tried again in the evening exact same setup not one fish.

I’ve been out 3 nights in a row, from around 7pm each night, and maybe a bite but after around 6 hours with nothing I’m about to snap my rod, lol.
After thinking about it, I’ve never had much evening action here, yet I’ve only been out in the evening maybe a dozen or so times.
I’ve had best luck bottom bouncing with a minnow, next good ole jig with minnow.

Anyone have any tips? Depths? Tackle? I scouted big time before this trip and been fishing nearly every drop off on the north end. Focusing first on ones connected to flats or saddles. Even tried some mid lake humps tonight.
Maybe I just need to get out earlier. I’ve been trolling from .5 mph to 1.5. I’ve yet to see someone anchor and jig here. Water is pretty thick with algae for as clear as this lake is. Also this smoke blurs any notion of time of day.