View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 12:16 AM

I’ve had people come and anchor 6 feet from me at pigeon. Just last trip this guy was drifting right at us, till I asked him if he knew his anchor wasn’t holding. He tried to tell me I was wrong, despite his anchor line hanging straight down, and his boat facing the opposite direction as the rest of us. lol.

But ya, I’m not ‘that guy’. I did see a bunch of boats in a group somewhat near the resort, and headed over to see what was up. I seen a guy start putting his rod away, and briefly thought about joining the crowd, until I noticed they were all F&W and search and rescue and they were sadly fishing for the poor guy who drowned last weekend. Pretty sad story. 22 year old lost his life trying to recover a dinghy.
This lake sure has its share of tragedies.

Thanks once again, and good luck to you as well. I actually caught a huge clam today. Thing was like 5-6 inches wide, and I snagged it with my bottom bouncer somehow. I gave it to the mussel inspection girls.