View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
My old Ruger weighed about what that A7 does, It was my main rifle for decades but eventually a day of carrying it in hand started to bother my wrists.
I hunted with a borrowed rifle for a couple of seasons that was heavier and longer. I didn’t mind. Once I went in with a shorter and lighter rifle, don’t think I will ever go with that borrowed gun again, unless I don’t have a choice, lol. You can say I didn’t know any better back then.

Quote:
Interesting that BLR weighs that much, I thought they claimed the weight at around 6.5 lbs? That said, I'd be interested in handling it. Between the Husky's and the Lee Enfields it takes a truly awful trigger to throw me off.
The rings are 4.7 oz, the rail is another 2 ounces, which gets you closer to 6.5, but still not quite - still 7 oz over what they are stating on the website. I don’t know.

Quote:
Which brings me to my previous point, my Husqvarna's both weigh in well under 7.5 lbs scoped and loaded. They have wood stocks and a slick Mauser action, the triggers arent the best and I'm still working on some scope ring alignment issues... in terms of what I want in a rifle its awfully hard to beat them.
Sounds like you already have what you are looking for