View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 07:42 AM
AO Sponsor

You not answer question Davey, but I still think we need to get you a cape! In the right color, it will compliment your BDUs nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If I had the lighter coloured yotes that the buyers were looking for, and with about 30% I - II or better grades, I would have blown the auction average out of the water.
I know guys that had the lighter colored kiyutes in the sale, and tho they did well, it wasn't a blow out runaway. FHA seem to be sorting the colors harder than NAFA did by the looks of things, mind you NAFA had gotten away from the traditional color scheme with their AB and CD funny business. In the olden days, us guys with the "lighter colored kiyutes" never had stuff in the C color section, but these days we do... Kudos for accuracy!

But most certainly anybody looking at the catalogue isn''t going to be excited by the D prices of the day.

One more teeny wittle thingy Davey? In your average that you continue to hide, how much did the fees drop you down by?... you know, the 11% commission, the 1.22 rate of exchange loss of 3% and the drumming fees... after fees/etc what did you average?

Anyways, when all's said and done, this sale is very encouraging to see, the prices are up from where they landed in August.

For those interested in the context of the sale/current market landscape, do note, this was a small collection of goods, was said by some knowledgeable folks who I believe can add that there were only 8,000 western heavy coyotes at this sale (???) 11,000 westerns total yes, but that included some semi heavy goods which were even more scarce than the heavies. In addition, much of the coyotes bought in the country have not found their furever homes yet, so once those goods hit the customers it is likely that some/many/most will fill up with goods and potentially be satisfied til next season??? We are living in the Cor-o-no-vi-rus world these days and that has had a very negative impact on our coyote sales, the Italians are still sitting under "permanent" lockdown with no business whch is the most detrimental factor in our industry's lower coyote prices this season.

The next sale will be most interesting, hopefully the lockdowns end and it is a physical sale? That remains to be seen, but regardless the bulk of the coyotes harvested from this season will/should be in the hands of the end users. If they need more skins, they may return hungry, if they have enough or more than they need then the market could stagnate.

Kudos to FHA on their online auction format! Getting better all the time, photos plus video of the real Super-Davey in action as his skilled fur snapping hands work thru the skins. Would be nice to see video of all the samples like in the boring hide out stuff and beaver etc but undoubtably an insurmountable task with the limited time window.