View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lds View Post
So I had a different thread for winter nw bow river fishing but thought this could be it’s own thread. This is a copy paste of my other thread. Also this is more a summer struggle as I haven’t done much winter flyfishing.
Well I ended up down at the glenmore bridge yesterday and just as expected I sucked. I don’t understand what my issue is but I’ve been flyfishing for 10 years now with no problems on any other water but the bow. For some reason that river just laughs in my face almost every time I go out. I have never read as much or tried as many techniques or watched as many videos as I have on the bow and haven’t gotten very far. I would say very minor improvement since I started and by that I mean I caught 5 or 6 fish on the bow last year with probably 15 times goin out and only 2 worth mentioning. Any advice that is not the typical bow river advice. Anyone doing anything crazy and unique that works for you. I feel like I’m the only one struggling this much for this long on this river
Things will get better keep plugging away and one day things will align and wham your catching trout regularly. I've been fishing the bow for over twenty years and still once in awhile come off skunked, the river has changed so much over the last couple floods that some of my good reliable spots are now gone,and find myself struggling at times. Fishing will be picking up soon,i hope to be down in the next couple weeks (weather pending) if you're interested I can pm you and we can chuck some bugs when it's time.Cheers