View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A207X2 View Post
Will definitely keep y'all posted.

I bought the truck used. It's a 2016 that I bought in 2018. It had 20k miles on it, was purchased, serviced, and sold at the same dealership. I got all the maintenance records for it. I paid $39k USD for it - which was a steal in my opinion. I would have preferred 4WD but the only thing I tow with it is a 40', 21k lbs fifth wheel (and also a boat). Down here in FL we don't really have a need for 4WD, so while it would have been nice to have, it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Sorry, I'm trying to figure out if your first post means the truck is a dually? An unloaded 2wd dually is not a great vehicle for tackling back roads in inclement weather. If thats the case I would not skimp on tires.

During the hunting season I keep a chainsaw and a Jack-All in the truck. By cutting blocking and lifting the truck you can usually self-rescue a pickup out of just about anything. I've been in a few situations where that was literally my only option. Also seen plenty of people who failed to understand it was their only option waste whole days trying everything else, usually managing to get a few of their friends stuck too.

Last edited by Bushleague; 03-23-2024 at 01:08 PM.