View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Yes but that is the basic idea of the map. Anyone can view it and anyone can feel free to post a location. It is not mandatory that if you view my map you need to post a location that is up to each viewer. If you have a spot you want to keep private then great so be it. But the simple fact is that there is no such thing as a spot only you know about. So when someone els puts up your "secret location" Take it with a grain of salt. I would love to show you some of the feed back I have got from my map and things I have done to help other anglers. Right from letters that would make the hardest man shed a tear , to the ugly threats I have got because there top secrete hole or lake has been posted. You would be amazed and ashamed at how fast a adult responsible angler can turn into an ignorant child on a rant stomping there feet because they dont want to share... This aint grade school and our fisheries are not your toys. They belong to each and everyone of us. And in turn its our obligation to promote and sustain it for many more generations to come. I wonder how many of you that dont agree with my map have snuck a peek from time to time.. hmmmmmmmmm
Well said Jeff. I agree with the map idea, I think it is great. Yes I have used it as well. Does this make me lazy though, I don't think so.

I also think a PM goes a long way if you want more information on a particular spot. They increased our inbox limit size so there's no reason not to use them. I've used PM's both to help someone or to see if someone wanted to give me a nudge in the right direction.

The problem I have with leeches is not the fact that a secret spot became public. I think if you are looking for help and are helped, maybe the favor could go the other way as well.