Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 PM

lots of confusion surrounding this change and even more so after reading some of the posts on this thread. i've recently visited both the walleye unlimited and s.a.w.t. web pages as well as any info on the srd bio and his works on the waters he attends to. i've found the same fella that is the president wu, a walleye conservation organization and the president of the s.a.w.t organization is the same guy. busy man. is this wrong? not for me to say. i will say however though a walleye conservation organization should be very, very concerned about this issue. i will also say the s.a.w.t. organization should respect a known pre-spawn, post-spawn, and spawning area. fishing elsewhere when the walleye need to breed and rest. no different then any other sport fisherman and the young up and coming fisher people we are raising, our children. i'm sure all of the above mentioned parties, both organizations and us the fisherpeople would like to enjoy the fishery of today at Travers for years to come. therefore all parties should be on the same page concerning the walleye conservation for the future on all waters. are we? who answers to who? again, i don't know. i also don't know who these new OA members are, that are popping up on these threads concerning this closure. they do have a lot of information to share. thank-you for that. for myself, my family is on the water most weeks of the year more than once a week. we don't need to fish of the dock at travers, in fact we never have. my kids have a pretty good grasp on why 90 percent of the fish we land swim home. if i ever needed to explain why fishing from a certain dock was not allowed, well it's really a no-brainer. "this area is were the majority of the fish in this system make their babies, junior. they need to be left alone, so we can enjoy the fishing here again." nuff said.

Hogslayer - thanks for posting Terry's email addy, i will send him a note.
Gramps - there is a common bond here among posters, i'm not sure why you're missing it.
N.O.H - make the time to come out, and you'll get into fish. i'll make sure of that and you know that.

Dace