View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Very interesting comments. I can relate and share my experience with Quebec.
I live in Alberta and am a true Albertian. However while managing a Alberta company and selling to the Quebec market I choose to cover and call on Quebec myself. I felt it was a big challenge. I do not speak french, english only.
I spent 8 years calling on Quebec business places. I would fly to Montreal or Quebec city rent car and off I went. I would spend two weeks in Quebec, fly back to Edmonton and spend two weeks in Edmonton managing the company.
After two weeks I would go back to Quebec for two weeks back and forth for eight years.

During the eight years I have worked all of Quebec, every region as far North, South, East and West. All in all I made thousands of calls. Appointments and many cold calls

I was always welcomed, never ever lectured about not knowing French. Several occasions the owner never understood English, they would call someone in to translate.
Of the many accounts we had in Quebec we never ever had any problems getting paid. I did in the eight year devolop many friends, have enjoyed many meals with Quebec families. And best of all I was always welcome back. In all cases I spoke very slow, clear and respected their way of life and customs. Of all provinces and I have worked in every one, I found Quebec very rewarding in business dollars and friendships .