View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
The 'flunky" as you so kindly put it is a member here and is reading this thread.

If you take this thread by itself with no past history context Hunter Dave is being very a rational person in the discussion. Backing his opinion with costs and information from other provinces. Not mocking and name calling. I don't disagree with him. I know lots of old trappers who know nothing else and to whom $300 will beyond their reach. What then? Does the ATA seize their trapline? To many of us 300 bucks isn't much but there are plenty of trappers I know on the pension that do not have that laying around. Add to that on going training and courses and and more hoops and red tape to jump through, WTH! Is the ATA going to make trapping just a rich man's sport?
You can all laugh and name call all you want but I'm not in support of what I see so far and just because someone says it is good for me doesn't make it so. Trudeau says he is looking out for me everyday and you can see how that is working out.
Wow! You just impressed the hell out of me, Richard. I wanted to walk away for a bit but seriously, you nailed it.

It sounds like you are starting to understand where I’ve been coming from all these years......as annoying as I was.

Every time the ATA increases the cost to trap they are raising the bar for people that NEED to trap just to get by. More people are shutout of trapping......the wrong people......the ones that need to hunt and trap just to survive.

Like you stated, trapping isn’t supposed to be a rich man’s “sport”.

Last edited by HunterDave; 11-13-2020 at 12:53 AM.