View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Hi Guys, thanks so much o all the well wishers and prayers that were said on my behalf. I got released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and am feeling a lot better,although pretty weak ( I lost 35 lbs since this started over a month ago).I still have a week +/- to go on antibiotics then will see the doc again about having the last drain tube removed. After they are sure everything is healing or healed I will have to do the Chemo therapy to try and finish off any straggler cancer cell. A special thanks to Mudbug on here . We have been in touch almost daily throughout this whole thing and he has been a real rock of positive attitude for me.

Finally: please please please! do not procrastinate on having a colonoscopy done. I let things slide till I was 56 yrs old thinking, meh no history of any cancer in my family. Well now there is. For the record I saw a headline today that said the American Cancer society recommends starting colon cancer screening at 45 instead of 50 Yr.

Thanks again
Pete.

Glad your back home again. Get well soon. On the don't wait bolded part. Absolutely don't.

My dad had his first at 77 ish when a blood test showed up something. He had polyps but not cancerous. I at 45 had my first right after his because of it. Had 4 little buggers, non cancerous. He just had his second, all good so that means my second probing is approaching.

My younger sis was to have one 5 yrs back as well but she don't think it's a worry. I hope she don't regret that one day.

I will take a needle that makes you sleep and let them run a camera with snipper up my back side anytime they say to, if it catches something early. IT'S NOT THAT BAD. All mental. Drinking that horrible syrup drink is the worst of the whole procedure. I don't care what flavor they have it in.