View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
I couldnt put my rifle away till I have a wall hanger. I could see it now me sitting in a tree and a buck of a life time won't come closer than 60yrds lol. I would consider trying it with a supplemental tag only after I harvested a mature buck . You say this is your first year hunting. Have you had much success so far ?
Yep, but you would watch that buck for what seems like hours, vibrating with exitement just hoping he might come into range. With a rifle you would have seen him and shot him. Bow hunting is like the tantrick sex of hunting, it prolongs the best parts of the hunts, whether you make the kill or not. After taking a few animals with a bow, although I still get the rush making a kill with a rifle, it almost seems like its over too fast to enjoy it properly.

I enjoy both, I barely even have any excuse to bow hunt since lots of the zones around here open september first but I still make sure to get down south and hunt a couple properties with the bow every year. For me the big draw is what I described above, often the greatest parts of the hunt last only split seconds, with the bow you are often forced to take your time and realy dwell in the moment and enjoy those same experiences.