View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 AM

Default Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
Just like the title. I am only looking to spend around $600.00, and want to buy a new .22. I see all these packages on websites, with scopes already on but i don't know if thats the way to go. Any input greatly appreciated.
Well I agree with what the boys have to say about BRNO, I have 5 of them and I also agree with what the boys have to say about CZ as I have 6 of them.

For your budget I would pick a Remington Model 5. They are as well made as the CZ line of rimfires, with the exception of the stock which is only available in laminate. Beautiful bluing on a mini mauser type action, manufactured by Zastava. These 22 were marketed in the USA under the Charles Daly brand are still very highly thought of on rimfire central.

Remington imported the barreled actions and stocked them and sold them as the model 5. I believe you can get one in Ontario from Elwood epps for less than $300.00, a steal in my opinion. Mine was purchased in 22 mag from WSS when they were first introduced for well over $400.00.

This will leave you with around $300.00 for rings ( Lynx for 50.00) and a scope and several bricks of ammo. I like 2-7 rimfire scopes and I have them mostly in Leupolds, but Nikon make a nice one for far less money and the Weaver 2-7 rimfire is a great scope for the money as well.

If you are in Edmonton you can stop by and see mine as I don't think you will find one here in Edmonton unless WSS still has them on the shelf. Bashaw Sports and Milarm are the other some what local Remington dealers, they may have them as well. FS