Thread: Barbless Hooks
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Default The barbless debate

I have no problem with barbless hooks! the regs are vague on the barbless hook.(as I stated earlier) I have practiced catch and release all the time when fishing even before size come in to effect. I care about our fish stock in alberta and have seen it dwindle over the 40 some years I have been fishing. It seems that the onus is put on the average angler to save the lake and the fish stock. The Pembina River has turned into a creek over the last 10 years growing more weeds in spots where 5 years ago there was great fishing spots, fertilizers maybe? How many fish and wildlife where killed when CNR dumped the bunker crude into Lake Wabamun? Swan Hills that is another story,regs say do not eat the fish around the waste plant. The bull trout is threatened is this because of overfishing or the streams that they spawn are gone or very little water left. Have you fished down stream of Edmonton in the North Sask. River after a big rain,be careful you could catch more than fish!!!!!
Again I have no problem with barbless hooks but the regs should be changed to say completly removed!!!!! Just my opinion