View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Crossbows are just whats needed in archery seasons. Next we can get a bunch of mong's doing finger paintings displaying thier "artwork" at high end art shows. Do ya think the guys who work thier azzes off to be able to get "there" think turning thier opportunities into a joke is a good idea?? Bow hunting is an art. Dont turn the archery hunts into a joke. I watch a bunch of clowns every year stubbing thier toes, blowing game out, launching arrows and marching around like thier packing rifles in some of the turf i hunt every year. Fortunately its a small minority of bow hunters, due to most being very capable and practiced. If crossbow inclusion occurs, I will have a bunch of empty tags, like everyone else, and I will also get to spend even more time in my few precious hunt opportunities to sit on high hills watching the gong shows unfold time and time again through my spotting scope. Ive seen some pretty unreal stuff,,, cant wait till we have the marginal crossbow crowd flooding the hunt. For half the guys on here speaking out for crossbow inclusion,,, Im certain I will get to see you out there. Cant wait to sit down and watch you as well through the spotting scope,,,, wrecking what was once a good thing in this province.
I agree!!! Any bow hunter who thinks this is a good thing is out of there mind! If the rifle hunters want a longer season learn to shoot a BOW and hunt the early season! Don't bring the gun hunters in the archery areas with guns that shoot arrows. I can't even imagine....after watching the 212 primitive elk season i have seen how comical some of these guys are! Sorry to offend the educated guys who joined this hunt. Clearly 99% of the hunters involved in this came from rifle backgrounds. Pushing everything all over the place risking stupid shots and in a few cases "accidently" killing bulls instead of cows. Witch, by the way the guys involved in this were not charged.

What i'm saying is Bowhunters work for there game. Practice, spot, scout....just for the chance that they get an animal in range and then are able to draw there bows remain steady and place an arrow where it needs to go. Xbows are preloaded guns that shoot longer ranges and because of this many people don't practice and learn effective range and killing distances. They know all they need to do is point and shoot. At least we would get the left overs after the rifle season opens and the xbow hunters abandon there xbows for guns.

When this happens what are we left with? Raped and pillaged land while the xgun hunters head out to the rest of Alberta to hunt the general season.

The thought makes me sick!