View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntAB View Post
Lots of us ONLY bow hunt! I for one don't shoot a rifle, smoke pole or a crossbow (unless its at a carnival and i'm shooing at the star on the target to win a prize). Its not being selfish at all is protecting our season as bowhunters. If your a bowhunter just so you can hunt longer then you won't get it! I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that but in zones like the 212 we get to enjoy "archery only". The rest of Alberta is free for everyone else and we are out of the picture once rifle opens. You allow XBOWS as archery gear and suddenly every gun hunter in the area is out buying one and cruising the roads for 2 months until Rifle season opens.
you are hard core too, don't even gun hunt, lots of bowhunters like that, you should dictate for the rest of the hunters being that hardcore?

and to the part about suddenly every gun hunter flips open his wallet to buy crossbows and cruising the roads for two months....uh yeah....ok, sounds like thats whats happened everywhere else they've been let in....total disaster

i'm sorry but once again if you wanted to cruise the roads and kick the door open on stuff then the compound wins again....here is where vertical would definitely be an advantage....i can't imagine driving around with a loaded crossbow in a vehicle and trying to get the thing out of an open door...you crack me up....i forgot what a poachers tool it was

so back to reality, an initial surge of people trying the crossbow with unrealistic expectations...sure....but it won't take long for those folks to realize its still bowhunting 99% lol and the surge will then be a bunch of crossbows hitting the buy/sell section and you are way too optimistic about how many people are going to rush out and pick these things up....initial surge yes probably....but not every gun hunter....i'm guessing more bowhunters buy them for introduction tools/taking people they know etc. than gun hunters....just a guess but gun hunters would take that money and just buy more guns imo....especially after they give it a try and find out its just another bow