Thread: WCB sucks
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 PM

The reason they deny the claim is as follows... All my medical records are previous to the wcb case because this was long term exposure they collected and reviewed only what they wanted to, they have not and will not send me to their own doctors. The occupational health and saftey toxicologist who diagnosed me Is considered the foremost expert in the province he said my symptoms are not related to the diagnosis of heavy metal poisoning this is the main basis of refusal. I have been waiting since april 20 for a referal for a second opinion. He goes on to say there is no source of arsenic in welding. He claims aluminum was an isolated case of metal fume fever, and would have cleared in a matter of days and the symptoms of alum dont really match my symptoms, this is true. The manganese and selenium he contributes to a normal nutrient found in everybodys body. I have msds sheets listing all metals and symptoms matching mine to the word, I have research from boilermakers union and occ health stating welding even with ventilation over exposes workers to arsenic, I have a report from occ health inspector with 5 violations involving respirator and ventilation saftey and material identification from my workplace, I have test results spanning 4 months from first discovery all above allowable limits for the 4 metals stated, I have a page printed from the occ health page stating my symptoms and their progresion are a sign of poisoning for arsenic, manganese and selenium. I have seen 2 neurologist, a Gastroenterologist, 2 phsycologist, opthamologist, 4 general practitioners, multiple ER visits, homeopaths, physio and rehab clinic, had nerve tests, biopsys, multiple cat scans, ultra sound, x ray, mri's, blood and urin test. The only thing that has been found wrong is the levels of heavy metal in my system 4 times the occ health allowable safe limits, and unexplained irregular ulcers in my GI system (a symptom of arsenic). Any reasonable person would come to the conclusion the metal is making me sick, and it came from my work. My pets and wife are not sick, and I have changed homes in the middle of the progresion so there is no reasonable cause for exposure anywhere else. I dont smoke drink or do drugs and have been tested to prove it. I thought it would be an open and shut case, I would be treated, and get on with my life. If anybody can think of anything I missed as proof to my case please let me know.