View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Sheep,

With this info do you think they are doing the right thing here? If you were on the board and you were told and shown this info like the wmu 404 info would you be on board with putting the mule deer on draw.
I wasn't there and we are hearing the poster's interpretation of the presentation. Perhaps there was more context to it....perhaps not....I honestly don't know but it does make me want to know more for sure but I'm also not going to base my opinion on it.

I ask again...why has there been no large outrage about moose and elk going on the draw the past couple years. I'm sure it's based on the same info. Could it be that there really are that many more mule deer hunters? Do you truly believe that archers aren't killing more than 15% of the mule deer bucks in some WMUs? Is it really that hard to fathom that one buck was killed on a general tag in WMU 106 for example. We are only talking a couple deer is some zones. This proposal is not for a province-wide draw. Only WMUs exceeding 15% harvest by archers.