View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM

So about 2 months ago my truck got broke into and ALL of my fly fishing gear was stolen. I was worried cause I have insurance but with a $500 deductible. Well when I talked with my insurance company they told me that anything not attached to the vehicle would be covered under my tenants insurance, which I had thank goodness. She said that without receipts they would calculate the replacement cost of the goods stolen, subtract the deductible, and front me half of the money. As I purchased new gear I would then submit receipts and they would reimburse me the other half. But here is the best part. I calculated the replacement cost to be $2200. They calculated it to be $2700 and then subtracted $500 for the deductible, and rather than fronting me a portion, they decided to give me the full $2200 because it was a small amount. I must say that it was a great experience and I was so pleased with the company. If you are shopping for insurance I highly recommend Intact insurance. The best thing is that I do not have to replace my gear with what I had but I can pick different stuff if I choose as they just gave me a check. Anyway, your gear should already be covered under your tenants insurance. If not I would look for a new company