View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM

jrs,I fish the southern reservoirs ,and have for the last 35 years,white fish are the choice of a big number of fishermen south of Calgary.
Keho res. is netted every year,have you witnessed the catch that the netters take from kehoe on 1 pull it is sickning the tubs of big walleye up to 13+ lbs ,the white fish in this res. {kehoe} are in trouble, small in size, but they are allowed to net every year, the netters reach there tolerance in walleye the 1st day each year. Yet sportfishermen are only allowed to keep 1 walleye a day from Jan to end of March, thru the ice. I have witnessed the damage done on Kehoe, St. Marys Res. Has been commercial netted 2 times in the last year, White fish are in bad shape in this Res. as well, When Terry Clayton , Fisheries Biologist Lethbridge, was asked why netters where allowed to net St. Marys 2 times in 1 year, His response was because the netters wanted to.Milk River Ridge is going to be netted on Feb.16-17, 2010, was last netted last feb.2009, Terry Clayton said last year feb. 2009 the white fish catch was so small that it was was a waste of time for the netters to even net Ridge, so why does Terry Clayton allow the netters back on Ridge this year, not very sound fish management. I again was on site to see for myself. I do have stats on commercial netting in the south so i am not just ranting.And again we do have a large mumber of fishermen who target white fish,
White fish is not solely a fish of choice for anglers in central Alberta we do spend a lot man hours fishing white fish in the South.