View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 PM

jrs, you say if there is a small size class of white fish in Kehoe last year , this year the commercial netters still netted small white fish,but raped the res. of walleye at 4 times the price of White fish we know what the netters are targeting. St.Marys Res last 2 years the Res. was netted both years small white fish, 3 years prior the white fish harvest was small, yet the netters seem to catch the tolerance limits and alot more on walleye. Last year,2009 when Ridge Res. was netted Terry Clayton said that with the small size of white fish it was not whorth the netters time to net , also Terry Clayton said the size class of white fish has not changed in 4 years when last netted Oct.4-5,2004.that year the commercial netters exceeded the walleye tolerance by 275%on 1 pull, take a geass as to what fish the netters where after, again i was on site and saw what happened.
And yes there are a lot of White fish trapped in the irrigation canals ,but don,t blame the sportfishermen for that, As for filling the deep freeze with a salvage permit, i beleave each person is allowed 1 , 3 day permit ,allowing 15whitefish per day total 15 whitefish, does not look like a deep freezer full to me unless you are a hutterite and come out in truck loads.