View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 AM

Default R u crazy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
I as well sent my letter of grievance . But nothing would be better than

a mass protest on the day of netting ... Maybe invite PETA , they always

draw press and radio ... Netting any game fish in this province is absolutely

absurd ... Especially a forage fish like whitefish ...

A few years ago I was at Keho when the local hutterites netted for

whitefish , the so called incidental kill of pike and walleyes was pretty

heavy . I think a AO gathering on that day at the netting would be a good

idea .. If we could get some press coverage even better , the general

disregard for the resource here is so obvious . This is an insult to everyone

who buys an angling licence , belongs to a G&F club , takes an active interest in our natural resources. It flys in the face of what this govrnment

legislates and tells you is good policy .

W101 A.A.A. Alberta Angling Alliance..
My sweet lord buddy, I HOPE part this is an overreaction with a retraction to follow. INVITING PETA!!!I am curious how an avid outdoorsman would even consider using these fanatics(who protest and damage without real word science or common sense behind them!)I understand being passionate about protecting the fishery in Alberta, but the PETA nutcases are the LAST group we want in our province.Our recreational fishing group is relatively small, and would be a good target for them.Take a look at the website www.peta killsanimals.com for just a small look into their "ways of helping animals"

Sorry for the rant this early, but this sort of suggestion should not be allowed or tolerated on this website.
As for the netting, I am certain it's like any other thing, some people doing it are good and carry out the netting legally for feeding their families.Others have a lack of regard for our wildlife in general, and see it all as a way to profit financially. Target the profit seekers.
People are quick to blame netting(and natives it seems) for all our fishing troubles,but how many actually have watched or taken part in it I wonder. There is a good post on www.iceshanty.com from a guy who has seen netting by honest people firsthand.Its a good read.(ironically, its in a post regarding someones ignorant comment about damaging others property.)
I know people are going to jump on this with I saw this, and I know this or that happened) But so be it, as I say, target the greedy ones who net only for profit.Not the sustenance providers.
in the end.
Have a good day!
Ken