View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish View Post
I know a few old timers in my area that the trapping cash adds enough to his pension and old age benefit that it makes a difference . Going to 300$ certainly knocks the shine off the year end totals.

I paid my money , took the course , pay my year ATA support fee , have trapped every year since. I've been to the ATA AGM's when I wasn't stuck at work . I'm not a big fan of a 400% increase for my resident license.

I can't honestly say what an appropriate amount is for a yearly resident license , or an RFMA license. I'm sure there are some associated costs , maybe a new job position for getting all important/ required info to the GOV'T in a timely manner. I'd like to see how this translates into a fair balance for trappers and the ATA.

It looks like the staunch supporters of the ATA aren't happy with Dave questioning things , but I really do think that there are a lot of unanswered questions I'd like to see answered before I jump on the band wagon. I'm sure there are some $ savings for the gov't , and an arm's length association may make the gov'ts public relations issues easier to deal with .........pass it on to the ATA ! LOL

I'd certainly like to have babercombie come back to this and provide a little feedback and clear the air
If you look at the “staunch” supporters they all have one thing in common